A Little Spot of Anxiety by Diane Alber teaches kids how to calm their minds when they are worried. This book is part of a series of spot books called Inspire to Create a Better You!
You can also watch and show this video reading of the book on YouTube:
A Little Spot of Anxiety Book Summary
Diane Alber teaches children how to master their emotions through talking spots that personify various feelings. In this story, Peaceful Spot describes how to calm Anxiety Spot. Any time the Anxiety Spot asks you “What if?” followed by lots of worries, tell yourself “I can do this!” using a calming strategy with your hand.
A Little Spot of Anxiety Reflection Questions
- When have you felt worried, nervous, anxious, or scared?
- What are some new things you have tried this year that made you a little nervous?
- What are your favorite forms of art: music, drawing, writing, etc.? Have you ever tried to express your anxiety with this form of art?
- When can you use the calming strategy with your hand to calm your Anxiety Spot?
- Do you remember the phrase you can say with the hand calming strategy? (“From the tip of my finger to the middle of my palm. I can do this! I can be calm!”)
A Little Spot of Anxiety Worksheet
Using this worksheet for A Little Spot of Anxiety, kids will reflect on recent experiences of anxiety and use the calming strategy to calm their Anxiety Spots.