The Littlest Pumpkin is a Halloween book by R. A Herman that teaches a lesson about hope.
The book is no longer available in print, but you can still purchase the Audiobook from Audible.
Read the book to your kids or show this video reading of the book on YouTube:
The Littlest Pumpkin Summary
It’s Halloween and the Littlest Pumpkin dreamed about becoming a jack-o-lantern for a group of kids at a Halloween party. As the day went on, however, the kids picked every pumpkin at Mr. Bartlett’s farm except her. At the end of the day, the Littlest Pumpkin is the only pumpkin left and Mr. Bartlett closed the farm stand. Suddenly a group of mice appeared and they started to decorate the farm stand for Halloween. The Littlest Pumpkin found herself in the middle of a Halloween party, and best of all, she became a jack-o-lantern just like she had dreamed.
The Littlest Pumpkin Discussion Questions
- What was the Littlest Pumpkin’s dream? How did her dream come true?
- What are your biggest dreams in life?
- What stands in the way of this dream coming true?
- What are some reasons that people lose hope in their dreams like the Littlest Pumpkin?
- How would you encourage someone who is losing hope?